Get in Touch
Robin Mulligan Ltd is approved by the Road Safety Authority to carry out Driver CPC training throughout Ireland.
Driver CPC was introduced across the EU from 10th September 2008 for professional bus drivers and 10th September 2009 for professional truck drivers. Its purpose is to set and maintain high standards of road safety, health and safety and driving among professional drivers of buses and trucks.
If you have your bus licence on or before the 9th September 2008, or your truck licence on or before 9th September 2009, you are automatically entitled to Driver CPC. This is called acquired rights. In order to keep your Driver CPC, you must do 35 hours of periodic training over five years. Training is on a one day per year basis.
Driver CPC Course Locations:
- Pillo Hotel, Ashbourne, The Rath, Ashbourne, Co Meath
- Midleton Park Hotel, Midleton, Co Cork.
Driver CPC Course Modules
- Control of Vehicle and Eco Driving Techniques
- Minimising Risks and Managing Emergencies in the Transport Industry
- Health and Safety of the Professional Driver
- Role of the Professional Driver in the Transport Industry
- The Professional Truck Driver
- The Professional Bus Driver
Each Module is one-day duration. Modules 1 to 4 are common to both Bus and Truck Driving Licences.
If a driver has both a Bus and Truck driving licence he/she will complete both Modules 5 and 6 .